Thursday, June 30, 2011

Contest Entry


The Crow | 6.4.11 @ 12.57 | Rexburg | f/8 | Shutter Speed: 1/640 | Canon Powershot | ISO 200 | Focal Length: 60mm

To create the look of this picture, I took it into photoshop. There I turned it into a smart object. Since I really wanted to accent the bird, I decreased the blues. Then I turned it into a smart object. After that I tried different filters. I liked how the colored pencil one looked. 

This was my entry for the Photographic Society contest "Endurance." I captured this photo after the apple blossom festival. As I was walking away, my roommate pointed out this crow perched on the very tip of this tree about 20-30ft in the air. It was just so cool. So I laid on the ground and made sure that my roommate kept a lookout for cars (as I was in a parking lot at the time). It kept looking around, but I loved when it looked into the distance. The image just said endurance to me... that's all. 

The only "link" that I could find was last updated in November 2009. Not relevant?

Submitted image: 6.14.11

No comments:

Post a Comment